Ishavasya Upanishad Webinar
Ishavasya - question on atmahatya
Poll:

I have taken a few courses: Foundations of vedanta, Upanishads etc. So far I had understood - atma is ever present, death and rebirth is like change of clothes, upadis make it appear limited etc. But what is meant by "atma hatya" in Sloka that swamiji taught yesterday? Can Atma really be "killed"? I am a bit confused now. Would appreciate someone to chime in and help understand.

I have taken a few courses: Foundations of vedanta, Upanishads etc. So far I had understood - atma is ever present, death and rebirth is like change of clothes, upadis make it appear limited etc. But what is meant by "atma hatya" in Sloka that swamiji taught yesterday? Can Atma really be "killed"? I am a bit confused now. Would appreciate someone to chime in and help understand.

Hari Om!

You should not take it literally as atma being killed. For the ignorant person the atma is covered by tamas. That is figuratively described as atma hati.

Hari Om! You should not take it literally as atma being killed. For the ignorant person the atma is covered by tamas. That is figuratively described as atma hati.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft